ECODEV is a profit-for-purpose organization registered as Ecology and Economic Development Company Limited (379/2006-2007) in Myanmar since 1999. The mission of ECODEV is networking for private public partnership in order to realize its vision of "Private Sector Led Sustainable Development" in Myanmar. All of its development programs focus on nurturing "Healthier Environment"(program of environmental conservation initiative and participatory action research by local community or partner organizations) by "Stronger Society" (program of social mobilization and building capacity of community based organization and youth leader) with "Responsible Business Investment"(program of environmental friendly business development) through "Strategic Partnership Development"(program of CSO networking for advocating public policy reform).
ECODEV stand for economically progressive ecosystem development. It reflects the organization’s philosophy and concept of “harmonizing the balance of economic growth, social equity and ecological stability” as an instrumental to achieve sustainable development for the people at present and generation in the future.
At present, a total of 46 permanent staff plus additional 40 paid-interns are working in Yangon headquarter, four field offices across Myanmar (Magwe, Myitkyina, Aungban and Bogalay) and two training centers (Tegyikone and Kone Ni). A professional roaster is also developed for qualified local expert and technicians whom are available for short term and long term (permanent/intermittent) professional works. Annual budget of ECODEV for development program (excluding project budget) is approximately one million US dollar per year. When Myanmar has politically more opened up in 2011, ECODEV has stepped up with his core staff to register for non profitable legal statue as a non-governmental organization called Association of Advancing Life and Regenerating Motherland (ALARM/Reg.No:2036) for reinforcing its community development activities and advocacy on public policy reform, particularly for improving environmental governance in Myanmar. In such a way, ECODEV remain as business arm of ALARM for continuing consultancy and value chain development services supportive to what ALARM aim for nurturing green growth, green economy and resilience society adaptable to climate change. Followings are the clients, partners and funding donors of ECODEV for conducting various environmental and social assessments as well as for implementation of community development and environmental management projects across the nation.
1. United Nations Development Program – UNDP
2. United Nations Environmental Program – UNEP
3. World Food Organization – WFP
4. Japanese International Cooperation Agency – JICA
5. Asian Development Bank
6. Department For International Development UK
7. Korad-Adenauer Stifting Foundation Germany
8. Norwegian People Aid, Norway – NPA
9. Danish Church Aid, Danmark – DCA
10. Oxfam Novib, The Netherlands – ONB
11. European Union – EU
12. Ministry of Environmental Conservation and Forestry, Myanmar (MOECAF)
13. National Commission on Environmental Affairs, Myanmar (NCEA)
14. Swedish International Development Agency, Sweden (SIDA)
15. Heinrich Boll Foundation, Germany (HBF)
16. International Center for Integrated Mountain Development, Nepal (ICIMOD)
17. East West Center, University of Honolulu, USA
18. George Washington University, USA
19. Livelihood and Food Security Multi-donor Trust Fund (LIFT)